Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Start of October

Started internship again after my exam break. Looking forward to it, because I'll be able to go everyday now, instead of just a few hours here and there every week. Really blessed by the people there and learning to stretch. I realised yesterday during gym that stretching is really essential to maintaining flexibility, and I think that applies to our character as well. If we don't stretch our patience or love, we'll stiffen up one day to become very rigid and calculative people.

Got to attend Pst Tan's staff devotional today! Inspired by it and even more provoked to really grow up to another level. It's really the hardest thing to do when you've to rebound instead of staying where you are. But sometimes life's just not all about you, or even about others, but something greater.

Always liked this phrase: "Therefore I have set my face like a flint..."
A flint is a hard and unyielding rock that primitive people use to start fires. Even though it's really tough sometimes to face my own weaknesses and mistakes and still lead, I shall aim to set my face like a flint on what's true and have some fighting spirit! I can always take comfort that however foolish I seem sometimes, God uses the foolish things of the world to shame the wise! haha :]

No comments: