Monday, March 22, 2010

$$$

My uni classmates and I were discussing how we were supposed to apply psychology in our practice in the future, like translating "Cognitive Behavioral Therapy" into Chinese or Hokkien for our clients. And I realised that unless there's someone who bridges that gap, it means that only people of a certain education level would fully benefit from psychological help. Interesting to see how IMH does it, and it seems I really can't escape not learning to speak chinese and dialect.

But the point of this post was about how this field of psychology is relevant and friendly to people of certain socioeconomic status. Things that happened today to make me realise this:

1. Got fined for an overdue book by my school library. The librarian called and said that because it was overdue for 2 days, I had to pay $10. (!!! and resignation: private schools = private libraries, so more expensive)

2. The school emailed us details of a Psychology Seminar coming up which really sounds interesting. The poster read "$550 SGD for 2 days! Click for details on student prices!" And...don't hold your breath... students only need to pay $330 for 2 days! Hahaha.. this email really made my day, burst out laughing when I read it. Seriously, psychologists have a sense of humor!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

lol ur sch sounds lyk its being ran by crooks. $10 for 2 days overdue = daylight robbery..only difference being that u canot sue them =x