Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Whisper of the heart

This sem is really quite taxing compared to the previous semesters! After consolidating all my assignments, projects and marking down due dates on my calender, I realise that I've got to really work consistently every day. Gotta enlarge my brain capacity to work at a higher intensity every day. Thank God for Thursdays, i declare them my Sabbaths! haha..

On another note, level 3 modules are really thought-provoking. I find myself coming out from lectures quite disturbed and challenged in my thinking. It's one thing to dream about being a clinical psychologist and working with people who suffer from mental illnesses, and another to actually do it for years and years. A job that has a high burnout rate, low pay and sometimes does not seem to make a difference...that's the summary of working in the mental health sector face-to-face with people on the extreme end of the mental health scale.

Some in-depth research and volunteering would do me good :] And I choose to think of it as a maturing of my dream perhaps, finding the reason and purpose for whatever it is I want to do. The tried-and-true path is always there, but somehow I find myself wanting to create a new path for myself to travel on. It's time to let my dream incubate..

No comments: