Got back from the last class of iWorship today and looking back on the past few weeks of June, I really feel encouraged and blessed because of all the input from Pst Kong, Pst Tan and Poh.
At the end of everything, the strongest message that came out of it was about the attitude of my heart toward God, and it applies to everything else in life.
Seeing and hearing Poh share with us about self-motivation and excellence with such enthusiasm and energy, it was like a light went on in my head and I saw quite clearly how much I must gain back my first love for the things that I'm doing. To get a chance to hear older people share their passion for life when you're feeling quite the opposite as a young person really provoked me! Indeed, young people can faint and be weary!
It's such a common word that pops out of a teenager's mouth nowadays, especially NSmen: "sian". The solution to this is finding back that first love. I remember the queasy stomach in the days leading up to cg and the hours of preparation whenever I played the guitar, shared a word I prepared beforehand, or led anything. I remember the joy of taking the train all the way from Pasir Ris to Boon Lay and back again with friends. I remember the expectancy and enthusiasm to give. I remember how I used to hang out at a dear friend's house to talk (and talk) about our dreams and our latest inspirations. I remember the sense of destiny I felt when I got accepted into the University of my choice.
Somehow, because of many months or years of experience, we can become overfamiliar with life. Now, just knowing the chords is preparation enough. Skimming through the bible study or sermon beforehand is enough. Bottoms now ache from the hour long train ride. Little complaints go through the head when something extra is required. Staying at home to watch the telly has become more comfortable than going out. The start of a new semester is seen as the end of the holidays.
It's time to move and change my attitude! Just as we descend slowly with the little things, we can also ascend with the little things. So thankful to have people who speak truth into my life, it's been a great holiday! :]
Healing Relationships
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment