Monday, August 3, 2009

beyond words...

Paid a visit to my aunt today. Her faith is really amazing, despite the chemotherapy and hospital stays, the seemingly discouraging circumstances and stress through these 2.5 yrs, she's still holding strong to her God and her belief that He will carry her and her family through this. I'm really touched by her faith, because it's so real. The fear and disappointment is real, but so is her decision to keep trusting, believing, and giving to the people around her. I think life is like that.. everyday and every year is a constant barrage of events, both negative and positive, but it's how we decide to respond to them that makes us. I'm glad and thankful for her :] I went with the intention to bring any source of help and comfort, and I ended up being the one who brought away courage, more hope in facing tough stuff, and some important life lessons.

Brought home a bunch of balloons. Went to Darius' 21st birthday tonight and since it was held at a condo nearby, Jo and I walked home with the 48 balloons he used to decorate the function room :] It was around 11pm and when we were crossing the road to enter my block, we suddenly heard a boy yell out. We looked up to see two heads peeping over the railing upstairs. Haha.. we quickly counted that he was on the ninth floor and took up the balloons to him. He was so cute, I can imagine his surprise when the lift door opened and suddenly 2 girls with a big bunch of balloons suddenly came out and asked him if he wanted one. He was very shy and his maid had to bring him over. He even asked if he could take a balloon for his sister! Before we went back down, his mom thanked us for taking the trouble, it was really heartwarming.. Can maybe spend a day selling balloons at Orchard Road when you need some soul food :]

No comments: