Thursday, May 22, 2008

Remember God

Even as we're moving into a time of harvest, and the vision has been sown into the hearts of everyone in the subzone, I know that I need to enlarge in my capacity to contain this vision. So many times during the prayer meetings, and even at the thought of ministering to my connect group or new friends, I'll tell God "I cannot do this!"

But the Holy Spirit is faithful, and I find comfort knowing that He's always with me wherever I go, I've just got to learn to focus on Him and hold on to this knowledge inside. The Holy Spirit really has such a sweet presence that makes you feel safe and that the whole world can fall but as long as He's with you, everything is alright. When I'm inadequate, I know I can lean on God and He'll be strong on my behalf, maybe this is why Paul could say that he delights in his weaknesses.

Every night, I realise that my faith will leak and discouragement will just take over. But now is the crucial time to press into God and allow the Holy Spirit to heal and minister to me every single day. I'm starting to understand what Pastor means by not being able to do anything without the Holy Spirit! Once I've leant on Him, I just want to keep leaning on Him forever. Although there'll be times when I'll rise up in my flesh and want to do things by my talents and abilities, but that's when I've to remember that with God, I can always do above and beyond my natural strength.

So rise up, soar on the wings of God!

No comments: