I'm glad that when I'm busy and tired and stretched and almost up to my eyeballs with everything else, that I've a pastor who has already been there (and is still there). Not just there there but over-the-top and infinitely much busier than I can ever be. Sustaining a busy schedule is draining, but he's been doing it for the past 7 years, since 2001 according to Pst Ming, and it just blows me away.
And I realise even as I encourage myself by looking at Pastor Kong, I'm reminded by Jesus as He endured all the pain by looking to the joy that was set before Him. So many times I'm tempted to whine and start getting temperamental, but the Holy Spirit will remind me: No, that's not who you want to be. So it's like those playstation racing games, where at the starting line, the cars are revving up... Likewise it feels like that when you just want to give in to all these negative emotions, but just by a choice when you hear the Holy Spirit speak to your heart, all that pent-up emotions can just leak away and fizzle to nothing. And you can just sigh and say, thank You God I'm alive to be happy and tired from working hard.
I'm glad I sat beside Jac on the train today. One thing she said really convicted me, she said that no matter how busy we are, reading the Word is still always more important than our assignments. So it's time to build your soul up with good things that can fill up that tank, and also to build your will, thoughts and emotions up to be stronger during this time with God's Word.
I remember one sermon from Pst Phil, he said that when exercising, there's pain involved. But because you know that you'll get more toned/lose weight/fit into that dress, you'll enjoy that pain because you know that your body is being worked out! So likewise we can enjoy this pain, have a vision for this pain that you're going through too that indeed as you continue walking with God, you will come out stronger!
Healing Relationships
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment