This whole week, I really learnt one thing, that it's not healthy to go through life focusing on our ownselves, or even other people. The truth about keeping your eyes on God and all things being added to us was imparted to me in a different perspective. Even in ministry, we tend to focus on 2 things: 1. our own inadequacies, whether we're hearing right from God etc. 2. or on the person's problems and emotions.
But during ministry in SOT, I saw how Pst Mike's own walk with God is the basis from which flows the love of God, and the anointing. We can only give to others what we've received.
Did we receive love, acceptance, encouragement, loyalty and honour from the people around us? If we didn't, we won't be able to give it to others.
Likewise, in our experiences it's the same. I was so thankful that Pst Mike overcame his own trials so that he could minister to us in those areas of our lives that we needed healing in. And mostly, I was thankful for the God behind it all, who orchestrated everything, and used people to draw us near to Him so that we could understand the love and compassion and yearning He has for us to be so near to Him, and that He hurts too when we hurt.
So even though things are speeding up around me, with SOT assignments and tests, and night classes and tuitions, I need to slow down inside and just soak in everything He has to give. Only then can I have rivers of life and joy coming out of me. :]
Healing Relationships
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment