Kel was going through with us about attributes that make up a true disciple and "being equipped/skilled" was one of them. I've been growing in realisation of this fact and just as love cannot be love without action, leadership cannot be leadership without equipment or skills. Love is greater than everything... but leading with love alone, and nothing else can lead to alot of frustration and pain for both the leader and the led.
Pastor's series on the needs of men and women right now are just examples of knowledge that we need to equip ourselves with. Relational wisdom is really one of the most important things to grasp, so really excited about it and looking forward to seeing more of sheila onstage too! Haha..
That said, understanding the seasons we're going through is also very important because if we're sensitive to them, we can do what is needed at the right time with the right people around us. More importantly, we have to be in touch with what's going on in our hearts as much as with our heads. Whilst I'm not perfect, but I'm striving towards perfection and along the way I really want to be able to say that I've lived life according to what's right in my heart, and doing the best I could have with whatever I've been given! So this year will be the start of a continuous practise of studying hard and self-discipline to equip myself and others.
I feel really blessed and honored every time to be surrounded by leaders like Jingxuan and Kel who set it in their hearts to give of themselves to me. I remember what one Pastor told us in SOT before, that alot has been invested in everyone of us. What's needed are really people who will rise up to stir up those gifts and treasures inside them so that the next generation of leaders can rise up strong, bold and equipped with skills, with a good character and heart to match.

No comments:
Post a Comment