
and this...

is all in the mind.
Thanks Kel for the reminder :]
Today I came to a decision in my head. Even though my circumstances or emotions may take a while to change, but getting that breakthrough in my mindset is the first step to change and a spiritual breakthrough will follow :]
I'll always remember the movie LOTR, when Frodo and Sam are heading towards Mordor to destroy the ring. I always find it so apt and accurate in describing adventures. The whole point of it being an adventure is when risks, danger, heartbreak and loss are involved and overcome by the heroes. Most times, when one is in the midst of an adventure, it's not all excitement and joy. Sometimes like Frodo, you can get tired, and despair might set in so that you'll lose focus on the goal and the point of it all.
Often times, we describe our spiritual walk as an adventure. But we often get disillusioned by the trying circumstances that come our way. I like what Pst Tan said about disillusionment during SOT: Disillusionment can sometimes be silver lining in the storm because it means that you are freed from an illusion. So sometimes facing up to reality can liberate you from unrealistic expectations - the truth will set you free to face your future courageously. So it's time to look clearly at what's ahead, count the cost and make the decision to pay the price. Thankfully, Frodo always has his Sam to encourage and support him along the way. You've just got to look beside you at what you've got instead of what you don't have.
I've been blessed with :
a loving grandfather who has such a huge capacity for his huge family.
a loving family that teaches me how to be a better person everyday.
an awesome cg with ppl I am always inspired by.
a great church with a great vision.
leaders who have unselfishly laid down their lives for us in the past and continue to do so.
friends who love me for who I am and always demand more of me. (It's a compliment to me whenever you do that, and I really thank you guys for that :])
many days of unfulfilled potential!

No comments:
Post a Comment