Monday, September 8, 2008

Trip to the hairdressers

I think that hairdressers are the nicest breed of people on this earth; not for the fact that they are nice, normal people per se but because in their fussing and authoritativeness over your hair, they really know how to treat you in a way that makes you feel taken care of.

I was sitting in this neighbourhood salon near my house with 60s music and my hairdresser - a funky 60-something with permed hair piled on top of her head - told me never to let myself get cheated by another hairdresser. Not counting the fact that the last hairdresser who cut my hair was cutting my sister's hair next to me, I was very amused by her motherliness. Hoho...

Funny conversation with the cashier on the way out when she was collecting our money:

Cashier: Polly or Jessie?
Me: huh?
Cashier: I mean Poly (Polly) or JC (Jessie)?
Me: Orhh.. haha, I'm...
Cashier: [seeing that she made a mistake in guessing ventured] or secondary school?
Me: T.T!!!!!!!

3 comments:

SEAN said...

you should have said JC!! it's cheaper..

i'm always tempted to say that i'm secondary school student and use my blue ez link card as proof..

Jeannette said...

oh my gosh.. now that i think of it, i didn't realise she was charging me according to student rate! loll...

SEAN said...

that's one of the reason why they wld try to talk to you.

they always ask me whether i'm jc or poly. haha.