it's important to be content.
Was reading a book by Joyce Meyer on the train - Woman to Woman - which i got for my mom (and of course it's always awesome if you've always wanted to read that book too! muahaha.. hey, but my motives are pure!) And the first chapter in itself was about looking for contentment in all the wrong places.
I absolutely love this verse:
"Let your character or moral disposition be free from love of money [including greed, avarice, lust, and craving for earthly possessions] and be satisfied with your present [circumstances and with what you have]; for He [God] Himself has said, i will not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support. [I will] not, [I will] not, [I will] not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake nor let [you] down (relax My hold on you)! [Assuredly not!]"
-Hebrews 13:5
Suddenly realised that yeah.. I won't ever be at a point where i'll be happy with who i am. Because like Joyce Meyer said, we live with ourselves all the time so we don't see how much we've changed over the years. And i'll just move on each day, being dissatisfied and unhappy because i always want to be someone more, someone better. But there's a fine line between holy dissatisfaction and the peace of God. I need to learn how to be satisfied with who i am now, living in faith and hope, trusting that God - who makes seeds grow millimetres everyday - is molding me every single day to be more like Him!
Healing Relationships
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment