Sunday, March 16, 2008

Friday prayer meeting was awesome. A place where once again, just like the days when I was young in Christ, I could come face-to-face with God not just alone, but with the whole church as well. I love times like this, where everyone is just free to worship, and we come together as a church to kneel before Him and pledge our lives back to Him once again. It's really a time of coming back to our first love, and really just having such a deep, strong personal walk with God. Was talking with Jo, and she mentioned that there are times when "people leave church because of people", and it's really, let's not do that. Let's not lose sight of the purpose of what you're doing in church - you were created to walk and fellowship with God!

I was so touched when God reminded me of a time when I really came to Him in desperation during my quiet time, and I remember His quiet presence, sitting beside me whilst I wept in the darkness of my room. And He told me that yes, He would be very happy just walking with me for the rest of eternity if He could. I want my walk with Him to be like Enoch's, or Abraham, or Moses, where I can walk with Him, talk with Him and see Him face-to-face! :]

Saturday Jingxuan preached about servanthood! There may be many fears about your own abilities, whether you're good enough, or anointed enough, or strong enough to stay firm on this course, or fears about where to go, what to do and how to start going for something that you desire in your heart. But throughout the week, God has been reminding me of people like Joyce Meyer, Phil Pringle and Pastor Kong. When i'm walking to the MRT, suddenly i'm reminded of Phil Pringle and how he said that he often wakes up with so much worry and anxiety. And i realise that stepping out with faith does not require the absence of fear, but the courage and determination to move ahead in spite of fear.

On a random note, I really miss alot of people suddenly. This week has been weird, because suddenly long-lost friends from my secondary school days don't seem so far away. Even days in Canada with my cousins, aunt and uncle are missed. But it's often with warm fuzzy feelings, leaving me very thankful that I've had these people in my life, and a determination not to let them slip away again.

No comments: