I've a new thirst for knowledge! I've just got a conviction about convictions! haha..
Like what Pst Ulf said, it's true that there are times of emotional outflow in our walks with God; but there're also times where we need to grow in knowledge about the things of God. It's this realisation that makes me happy that I'm going to SOT because I do want to know more - faith isn't just an emotion, it's based on facts! The reason why we've to meditate on God's word is because we've to come to our own understanding and acceptance of whatever we hear, so our faith isn't shallow but it'll have deep roots and bear forth many fruits in our lives. We need to mull over things, pray over things and let them get deep into your spirit so that they become convictions that you live by.
I've actually been feeling more and more dissatisfied with my current situation and there is always this one fear that I've made the wrong choice by choosing to study in JCU. Seeing how stressed up the students are in NTU or NUS, I always question myself whether I am functioning at my maximum potential. I feel so unchallenged mentally compared to my days in JC where the information was overwhelming; and whenever I need to do my readings in uni, I find that the speed at which my brain processes information has slowed down tremendously! Like what my lecturer keeps telling us about brain cells - what you don't use, you lose!
Therefore I shall launch a "Save Jeannette's Brain" campaign and start plying myself with newspapers, magazines and books about philosophy or political science so as to stimulate my dying brain cells. I realise I may be abit slow in alot of things right now, but as I build up my store of knowledge, I know that God will bring understanding and wisdom!
Now I won't have to fear that I'll go senile at an early age! :]
Healing Relationships
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment