Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Battlefield of the mind

I fully understand this phrase now. One day, you might seem to be winning it, the next day you have to retreat a few steps.

But I was reminded of what a friend said once regarding overcoming his troubles: "I will not fight this for the rest of my life." In other words, the battle shall end here. I want to lay it all out on the field: If I have to fight again, it shall not be about the same thing.

I wrote a list of "I wants" today and stuck it on my cupboard to apply these verses to my life:

"but now you also must complete the doing of it; that as there was a readiness to desire it, so there also may be a completion out of what you have. For if there is first a willing mind, it is accepted according to what one has and not according to what he does not have." - 2 Cor 8:11-12

"Do not lose the courage you had in the past, which has a great reward." -Heb 10:35

No comments: