I had moments today where I suddenly felt so full of love and thankfulness for my family and God. The pressure of fulfilling what you have to do for the day can really block your vision, but it took an sms to put things into perspective. Everything's a balancing act and wisdom is also the ability to balance things. Getting organised for one, can push you to be so focused and determined to finish your goals for the day; but if not done with the right purpose of glorifying God, there lacks the strength and joy from God to doing anything.
I'm glad I took the time to linger in God's presence and get back that joy, peace and focus :] The load is still there, but it's so much lighter to bear. Especially since it made studying bio so much more interesting!
I find it amazing that in our brain cells, there is such an efficient message-relaying system! Think of the boxes whizzing along their tracks on the ceiling at SGH, bringing post to different departments in the hospital, i find it too cute for words. Every single cell in the body has a management team, production team, feedback team - even cleaners that are in charge of keeping the place clean! A single ion can be used to open a door in the cell and make so many things happen! Likewise, it's so easy to cause an upheaval to the system - just a small dose of neural poison can kill a person. Yet in all this complexity, cells die by the thousands daily just by people scratching themselves, or walking even.
I can't even start to imagine how God could have conceived all this minute details of our inner workings in His mind. Awesome!
Healing Relationships
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment