Friday, April 4, 2008

Starbuckey Peopley

My new official chilling out place: Starbucks at Raffles City! :]

Been hanging out here almost everyday with Miss Jang this mid-term break and it's been awesome! I love the atmosphere here because of the one-wall panel of glass that lets natural light in, and the in-house music that makes me feel like I'm a very serious and intellectual foreign exchange student. Muahaha...

But end of the day, I love the feeling that there are places in Singapore that make me love it even more!

Of course, I especially appreciate being able to spend quality time with Sheila! It's hard to nurture strong relationships amidst all the things we have to do, but it really takes the realisation and decision to sow into your relationships intentionally to make things happen. I'm going to make a decision to let people know that I care, especially to those who matter alot to me. In order to love people and to empower them, I've to not only grow in my capacity but to grow in wisdom as well, so that my love will not cause harm to people by for example, allowing a relationship to become one that is unhealthily co-dependent. (I'm glad that my psych counselling classes address this - :] )

I'm glad that I'm learning to prioritise my life by being more assertive with myself - I managed to spend time with my Ah Kong, my parents, friends, ministry and my work :] Especially love the feeling of going home and spending time with God and just worshipping Him. I'll never feel satisfied with where I am because I want to always be closer to Him, so me makes a resolution to spend more time with my guitar and with Him! :]

This week has been good... :] but when the next half of the sem starts, as well as SOT, that's when the true test of my willpower, money and time management skills come in! By faith, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me! Pray for me! :]

No comments: