Thursday, April 24, 2008

Laying a strong foundation

This is a season of pressure for me and even though I'm sure I've been more tired than this, it's just been constant for the past few weeks - physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually. It's also true that pressure reveals your heart and character more thoroughly than anything else can. Yet pressure doesn't destroy us - for the bible says we may be pressured on all sides, but not crushed - but it makes us, if we let it.

So this is a time where I'm pressing into God and finding a vision for my life and faith - building a stronger foundation so that when hard times come, I won't falter. Vision isn't the same as passion, I learnt that today. It is possible to be passionate for something so much so that your heart is on fire for it, but this doesn't mean it's God's will for your life. It may be the right place, but there's still the timing to consider. One thing I can trust in is that God is a good Father who wants us to have our heart's desires - therefore it's always "later" for some desires, not "never".

And it's essential to get a word from God for your life that you obey and run with - one that is not inspired by your own desires or ideas. During ministry today, got a revelation that the church of God is built on the rock: not Peter, but the revelation of who Jesus is. It's the same for us, if you want your life to be successful not on just one level - like financially, or in relationships or career - but on EVERY level, including, yes, your spiritual life and the deep-down happiness and fulfilment of your soul; your life has to be built on a revelation of who God is. If you need to figure out whether there is a God or not, then get on it, don't sit on the fence and just let things figure themselves out.

It's time for me to be still and know that He is God all over again.

No comments: