Monday, April 14, 2008

A new season

First week of SOT has passed! For me, it's more like the first day of SOT has passed. But nevertheless, it's been one of mixed experiences and emotions. There is the joy and hopefulness because of spiritual renewal that's already here and more to come and also pressure, stress and physical tiredness from juggling SOT, schoolwork, tuition and ministry.

So therefore I humbly apologise to many people who've caught me in a state of irritability - my family, Sheila, Aileen, Mic, Lengkian - and others I might not be aware of. Please feel secure in my love for you guys and don't be rejected!

Still, I know that it's a season of enlargement where I need to lengthen my cords and really focus on my prayer life. This season might last quite awhile, till the end of SOT and beyond probably, but I'm holding on to the conviction that faith, which produces a cheerful, optimistic attitude despite all circumstances is what's going to please God. I'm still making my way there, so please encourage and pray for me! :]

I really missed Pastor! It was awesome hearing him preach again and sharing his burden for Indonesia. Words of truth can really bring such joy to the heart when you know it's much needed, like a soothing balm for an aching wound! It was the same during cellgroup too. The ball really is in our court: Searching for God, stepping out of your circumstances - it all boils down to a decision on our part. Everything has already been prepared and done, the paths have been laid, it's up to us to choose which one to take.

I wish i could take a holiday like Mic! Haha.. But i shall settle for really pulling away from the busyness of life and just slowing down to soak myself once more in the love of God. We're all called to prayer, but only those who answer the call will be chosen! When i read the bible about Abraham, i'm so amazed by how stedfastly he keeps his eyes on God's promises for him. Even though he made some mistakes when he tried to help God along, but in the end, he trusted in God's timing. And it really hit me that it wasn't just over 2 or 3 chapters in the bible that God finally gave Abraham Isaac, but 25 years! So right now, it'll be equivalent to waiting till i'm 45 before i can step into my destiny! It's just mind-boggling how long the wait is! Yet like what Jingxuan shared during cellgroup, even if God tells you the consequences for following Him, will you still follow? And if the degree to which we lay our lives is proportional to the degree to which God laid His life down for us, it's no wonder God often exhorts us to remember what Jesus did, and to always look up and focus on Him, not our circumstances. I pray for one thing during this time - to not be forgetful.

No comments: