I love CHC! I really really do. It is highly highly likely that I still don't know the full extent of how much our pastors and leaders lay down their lives for us. And how much every single member of the church goes through such tough stuff yet because of their love for their God, and for one another, they still cling on in hard times. But I caught a glimpse of it today, and making it a point to remember this will be something that'll change my life I'm sure. Pastor Aries is right, it really takes something out of you to want to rise up to be a leader. Similarly, it really takes something out of you to make a decision to commit to this church.
I love this feeling of destiny, when I know I'm right smacked in the center of God's will for me! :] Something that Lengkian once said quite long ago that comes to mind frequently was this wise saying: It depends on you, how much you want to get out of SOT. I realise how important it is to really humble yourself and prepare your heart to be willing to change. Everytime that "But" comes up and you try to justify yourself, just stop hardening your heart and yield. I kinda get it now, there are lots of things I do not know and most I will probably never know in my lifetime. BUT the Holy Spirit does, and our leaders probably know more too. So it's always important to keep that in mind and OBEY because you don't always get answers in life. That's really life. I'm convicted about this now: Sometimes waiting for the answers to all your questions is going to permanently stall your engine. Like those harsh, frigid temperatures in Russia, stopping your engine is going to kill you. So just learn to trust more, God's opinion is really all you need to chop, stamp and guarantee!
Lots of times, even before class starts, the disciplining and attitude-molding already begins. Today I woke up at 7am! 7 AM!! I usually wake up at 5am in order to reach church EARLY [ which is 30min before class starts according to Bobby's definition ]. So I ended up having to take the MRT for as far down the EW line as I can get before hopping off into a cab. Still, it cost $20 from Redhill, can't imagine if I ever have to take a cab from Pasir Ris. [Mind-boggling!] But I had to tell myself calmly in my head to calm down, and let go of my money and faith.
During class itself, there's so much revelations from what they're teaching, as well as what God speaks to me that I often find myself recapping and recapping the day's lessons and key messages in my head because I'm afraid I'll forget. So I've got to get a notebook man. I'm milking this for all it's worth and not letting a single thing go to waste! :]
Anyway, my parents are heading off to Vietnam for a getaway tour. So it'll be a stayover at my grandpa's over the holiday and blessing because of more allowance! But seeing how my pop and mom have to go on a budget flight, I resolve to let my parents enjoy life when I earn money and send them on first-class flights around the world man!
On a very random but equally important side note, that is truly from my heart: I really wanna get a camera. Those kinds with the huge lens. Yet also one that's portable. So yeah, maybe both! Muahaha.. hey, since I'm dreaming, might as well dream big right?
Healing Relationships
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment