Monday, June 16, 2008

Haven't been updating lately for various reasons spanning from too tired, to not being able to find the words. Haha.. and this probably means I need more time to internalize and think through stuff before speaking or blogging them down :]

Anyways, wanna give a shoutout to Michelle: Happy 21st Year! :]

Just wanna say thanks for all these years of friendship, you've really taught me how to love and be a friend who commits. I realise that love is not only those feel-good feelings, but like how we love God, we can also love each other with our hearts, souls and minds. And just got a revelation that the best thing we can do for our friends to love them is to trust them and their love for you, and to remember their goodness and the ways they've impacted your life. So I'm glad I got a chance to do that during the party whilst you were appreciating the various people in your life :]

And lastly, I wanna share how impacted I was today during SOT when Pastor was preaching. It wasn't the content so much (since i really was sleeping throughout 85% of his sermon), but his spirit and love for us. Joanne and Aileen shared a lift with him during the break, and they both saw how tired he was. He was talking to Pastor Derek and mentioned that he felt like fainting on stage.

I can honestly say that I was reallly humbled and convicted for that. Even though I'm tired on every level possible, but looking at Pastor and knowing that he's on full fast, yet seeing his smile and enthusiasm on stage, crucifying his flesh to give his best and minister to his congregation, I know in my heart that I still have so much room to stretch and grow.

I don't wanna be "nuah" in the spirit or give into my tiredness anymore! No more complaining or being grumpy! My prayer today was sincerely that God would protect my relationships during this time, that I won't hurt or stumble or irritate people by my own lack of capacity, that I'll still be able to love and minister to people around me. Amen!

No comments: