Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The past week has been totally packed with many events and things learnt.



***



The mission trip was good because of the experience, of the character moulding, testing of faith and practicing my gifts. It's quite surreal because it's over so quickly, but some things still linger. I still see the pastors in my mind when I pray, and there'll be a burden and cry for them as well as a reminder to cry out for my friends and my members.



***



I think more than anything else, SOT so far has been super challenging not just because of the physical tiredness, but being constantly convicted everyday. But like what Rev. Robb said: we need to change to be more focused, and from my own saying, i think it's cyclical. We need to be more focused to change as well. This is the season for change and growth.



I don't want my tiredness to be an excuse, my life is of my own construction so no matter the circumstances or failures, it's my reaction to it that's going to determine my future. Because our tomorrow is built from what we do today. And I was so convicted by what Rev. Robb said about being more serious and not using our youth as an excuse. It's true, youth is a social construct, the age boundaries of teenagers and young adults change all the time. I just want to get serious and consecrated to God as young as I can, and I pray that everything that's in the way will be removed.



To enlarge, I need to make more room in my life for God. It's not about praying 1 hour anymore, if I want to see growth in my members, if I want them to have the capacity to pray 1 hour, I've got to have the capacity to pray at least 2 hours. It's time to be a Mary: Stop rushing around and just be still at Jesus' feet!

No comments: