Thursday, June 5, 2008

A prayer of thanksgiving

I just wanna take a moment to count my blessings before I leave for the mission trip :]

- Thanks Dad & Mom for your love and support, for never failing to come home and spending time with us even if we're so busy. I see it in the dinners you both cook, in your constant reminders to eat our vitamins, in your willingness to wake up early to wake us up, in your financial support for our mission trip and silently supporting us all the way even though we do foolish things sometimes, and i'm sure that you're supporting and protecting us in front of our relatives too :] I love you both very very very much!!
- Thanks John for being such a positive, happy person. Whenever I hear you praying in your room, I always feel so touched and I know that God is going to do great things through you! Thanks for your generosity with us, and for not having the natural tendencies to bully us as an older brother :] HAPPY 25th BIRTHDAY! [ owe you a treat! ]
- Thanks Jo, Aileen, Sheila, Lou, Yunxi, Joce and Dixon for your friendship and presence in SOT! Thanks for the encouragements, the card (Lou! :]), the sweets, the chance to serve alongside you guys :] Even though many times the going will get tough and it's easy to get tired and discouraged, wanna say that i believe God has placed us together in bible school for a reason. Let's bear each other up, and bring to remembrance, the things that God has deposited in our lives! I'm seriously always encouraged just by sitting beside you guys during lessons or while starbucking, and I always draw strength also from seeing you guys persist and hang on everyday! :] Let's keep growing from glory to glory!
- Thanks Sean and Chee Ang for praying for me and with me and just being there to stand in the gap, God sees your sacrifices! Keep going strong with your eyes on God! I'm always blessed to see you guys so willing to serve and having such willingness despite your exams! :]
- Thanks Jingxuan for being such a sacrificial leader, and for your encouragements, prayers and belief in me! It's really by your life's testimony that encourages me to press on during the hard times, and to continue holding fast to God despite what people say or even what we sometimes tell ourselves.
- Thanks Lengkian for your friendship, for always being so willing to serve and do stuff for us. I'm always inspired by your capacity, and even though our personalities are totally opposite sometimes, but I really think that's the reason why I can learn so much from you and be challenged in alot of areas. One of the reasons why I'm always irritated by you as well, but you are very much loved and cherished so don't feel rejected ok! :]
- Thanks Team 25, many of you really inspire me! Whenever I see you guys rushing off for work or various stuff, or when you guys share about what God has been doing in your lives, I'm always so inspired to go up to another level spiritually and in my capacity to serve and love! I'm looking forward to working with you guys in the mission field!
- Thanks Kel also for your encouragements on MSN! They really pop up at the right time and just wanna say I really appreciate you alot! :]
- Thanks Eileen, Chris, Serena, Faezah! I really miss hanging out with you guys in school! Thanks for all the hugs and smiles gals, you'll be seeing more of me next sem, I promise! :]

Lastly, thank You God for always always being there and for being the same Father who loves me no matter what! Thanks for always sending Your presence to comfort me, people to encourage me, Words that convict me and renew my thinking; for your chastisement and putting me through fire so that I can come out stronger and be a pure vessel for You to shine through. Thanks for Your arm that I can always lean on, and Your hand that I can always squeeze. Thanks for that secret place where I can drink of You and be refreshed, thanks for placing within me a vision that's greater than myself. Thanks for Your promises, strength and anointing, and Your unwavering companionship throughout this time and the rest of my life to come!

With all this sealed in my heart, I shall go forth into the mission field to serve people and conquer demons! :]

No comments: