I give my life. To honor this.
The love of Christ. My Savior King.
To honor someone: To pay tribute to someone in recognition of his or her value.
To honor God's call = To pay tribute by giving my life in recognition of the great value of this call to walk with Him.
Although it's scary to love, it's truly underrated. Even in friendships. In order to be great and to do great things, we need to start from the bottom, like the servant at the lowliest rank. Collecting cellgroup funds. Calling up a friend. Booking seats for the cellgroup. Encouraging and appreciating someone for a job well-done. Giving a hug when it's needed. These are all small things. But without acheiving these small things, we can never reach higher. Like what Boon Kiat preached during cellgroup, we can strive so hard to breakthrough in one area but we'll grow tired because we've neglected other areas in our lives, and we're not breaking through in those areas. Strengthen our stakes, go back to the basics - our spiritual disciplines, then accelerated growth and breakthrough, zoe life and God's glory will follow naturally.
I feel so blessed. This week is a week of remembrance and new visions. God brought me back to those times long ago, when we still had cellgroup meetings in June's house. Everyone would come in their lok kok shirts, shorts and slippers :] and we'd stay after cellgroup and talk, and fellowship. I just felt so blessed remembering how i had a chance to get to know people like Chuting, Mindy and June. That i had a chance to come under their discipleship, and to be able to fellowship with them and get impacted by their lives. That's why i'm still here. I really and truly feel that i've been rescued from my own personal nightmare during those years and subsequently, and looking back, i'm thankful that even though that rescue process took so long, i'm here thanks to these people that God has placed in my life. I don't have to live with depression, i don't have to live with sexual harrassment, i don't have to be ashamed and guilty, i don't have to live with fear any longer. I can be who i am and who i really want to be. Even though i still get tripped up when past memories come back, i know i'm in the process of recovery, and that God is the author and finisher of my faith, He will be with me all the way until i finish my race.
To Chuting, Mindy, June, Bobby, Michelle, Sheila, Joanne, Aileen... Thank you, thank you, thank you. You guys may not know what you did, but you've all made such great impacts in my life. Thank you for persevering in your love for me! I'll never be able to thank you guys enough :]
Love you City Harvest! I'll never ever regret joining this awesome family. I'm glad that i made a decision to commit to this church and its vision. Indeed, there's no greater joy than laying down my life for God's vision. Only when Jingxuan said that did i remember how it felt like, running with Bobby's vision, Chuting's vision. Even though i had my fair share of failures and mistakes, i wouldn't change it for anything. The bridges were burnt long ago, and i can only say that i'll never ever look back because no matter how tough the going gets, i can always squeeze the hand that's always holding mine. I can always look beside me and gain strength from the people i see running beside me in this race. I wanna share and give more of my life! Thank you City Harvest, without you in my life, i probably wouldn't be alive right now. :]
Healing Relationships
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment